I was having a brainstorming session the other day with a member of my staff and the following question came up “How does one define a ‘Quality .NET Developer‘?” After discussion we realized it was a lot like one of the US Supreme Court Justice’s definition of pornography; when asked he stammered and said “Well, I can’t define it, but I know it when I see it!”
I’d like to put it out there for you to answer: How do you define a ‘Quality .NET Developer’? I’d give you what we came up with but that might be too leading, though I will give you some hints.
Assuming you needed one of the following:
- A developer for a .NET project
- A consultant to develop a .NET application
- A software architect to design an architecture for a .NET project
- A trainer to deliver a training course about .NET
- An author to write a book about .NET
- A blogger to pontificate about .NET
- A mentor to teach you about .NET
- A newgroup or forum participant to help others .NET developers
- A technology evangelist to promote a tool for .NET developers
- A standards committee member for selecting tools for developing in .NET
- A user group leader to manage a .NET user group
- The leading person in your own personal network of .NET developers
What traits would you most want in such a person?