Just a few hours ago, dasBlog 1.9 was released! I’ll probably upgrade my blog to use it, hopefully this weekend. It has tons of new features over 1.8 which is what I’m using for this blog at the moment.
The following are the new features that I found most interesting:
- TagCloud Support
- Support for Mobile Browsers like Blackberries and SmartPhones
- Huge (100x+) speedup in Macro execution
- Support for If-Not-Modified to speed up execution, improve RSS bandwidth and CPU cycles
- Direct Feedburner Support with 301 redirection for RSS and Atom feeds.
- Delete comments directly from your mail reader
- New XML-RPC support for newMediaObject and new version of XML-RPC.NET
- Support for Gravatars, images of your choosing that appear next to your comments
- Added an Email page for leaving comments to the author, includes Captcha
- New support for RSD so client software can autoconfigure itself
- Support for CoComment
- Automatic generation of Google SiteMaps
- Ajax Autosave Drafts support
Kudos go to Scott Hansleman, Omar Shahine, and the rest of the dasBlog team. If you are running dasBlog, looks like a worthy upgrade. Or, if you are new to dasBlog and are interested in consider it, now’s a great time to download it and check it out!